Choose the word or set of words that best completes the following statement.
The 2010 TV series Caprica, which contained many references to polytheistic and monotheistic faiths reminiscent of past and present religions, was a spin-off created as as an attempt to ———— from the ———— popularity of the 2004 series Battlestar Galactica, which also contained deep religious undertones.
- eschew . . overwhelming (check answer)
- build . . immense (check answer)
- wean . . dramatic (check answer)
- confound . . aural (check answer)
- encourage . . massive (check answer)
Solutions, hints, and questions are welcomed. A full solution will be posted on August 24th.